John Schinkel, LS
Manager of Railroad Site Design & Projects
ABOUT CIVIL DESIGN, INC.
CDI is a vibrant, passionate, and growing employee-owned company located in Brookings, SD. CDI strives to be one of the leading civil engineering firms in the Midwest by providing clients with expertise, value, and the latest technology. From concept to completion, we provide exceptional service and work closely with both clients and contractors to achieve an outstanding constructed product for the client, public, and environment to enjoy for years to come. We believe open and effective communication is the key to any successful project.
CDI provides a range of engineering services including transportation design, municipal design, structural design, site design, athletic site design, surveying, planning services, construction administration services, and our firm’s undeniable niche in the railroad industry.
- Competitive wage
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
- Stock Ownership Opportunities
- CDI Apparel-Wear
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Seeking a full-time Manager of Railroad Site Design & Projects in Brookings, SD.
- Reports directly to the Managing Partner.
- Conduct preliminary engineering activities to identify the need for an engineering project.
- Prepare feasibility studies, opinion of costs, and other reports as required by the Managing Partner.
- Examines survey reports, drawings, maps, blueprints, aerial photos, and other geologic or topographical data for the study of projects.
- Design assigned engineering projects under the direction of the managing partner or project engineer, incorporating policies, standards and specifications to create cost effective projects.
- Participates in preliminary on-site reviews.
- Review rail plan designs.
- Coordinates assigned construction projects under the direction of the MP to ensure deadlines are met and projects are completed according to plans.
- Respond to engineering questions posed by developers, citizens and staff members.
- Inspect construction sites to see progress and to ensure that the projects meet design requirements and standards.
- Prepares railroad facility analysis and inspection under the direction of the Managing Partner.
- Evaluates and recommends materials, products, technologies, and procedures.
- Compiles and analyzes data and prepares reports.
- Coordinates and participates in inspections and meetings to acquire information pertinent to studies.
- Assist in growing the business relationships with existing clients and developing new clients.
- Perform other duties as assigned under the direction of the Managing Partner.
- Requires 5+ years of railroad operational and/or project management experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree or equivalent in experience considered.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office products and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Knowledge and use of codes and standards as they apply to construction observation.
- Self-motivated team member with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license & ability to travel to various job sites, as required.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Contact us today or visit www.civildes.com to learn more about the Manager of Railroad Site Design & Projects position. Interested applicants may submit their resume and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (605) 696-3200.