John Schinkel, LS
Civil Engineering Technician
ABOUT CIVIL DESIGN, INC.
CDI is a vibrant, passionate, and growing employee-owned company located in Brookings, SD. CDI strives to be one of the leading civil engineering firms in the Midwest by providing clients with expertise, value, and the latest technology. From concept to completion, we provide exceptional service and work closely with both clients and contractors to achieve an outstanding constructed product for the client, public, and environment to enjoy for years to come. We believe open and effective communication is the key to any successful project.
CDI provides a range of engineering services including transportation design, municipal design, structural design, site design, athletic site design, surveying, planning services, construction administration services, and our firm’s undeniable niche in the railroad industry.
- Competitive wage
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
- Stock Ownership Opportunities
- CDI Apparel-Wear
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Seeking a full-time Civil Engineering Technician in Brookings, SD.
- Prepare construction drawings, plan layouts, quantity take-offs, & grading plans for projects of varying complexities with the use of AutoCAD Civil 3D under the direction of a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Process preliminary survey data to be used in construction plan preparation.
- Ability to make basic calculations used to prepare and maintain accurate engineering records.
- Conduct survey activities including topographic, boundary, and construction staking for various projects.
- Prepare boundary exhibits and plats under the direction of a registered Land Surveyor.
- Other duties as assigned under the direction of a licensed Professional Engineer or Land Surveyor.
- Associates Degree in Civil Engineering Technology, related field of study, or equivalent experience.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office products, AutoCAD Civil 3D, and Trimble.
- Self-motivated team member with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Must have the ability to understand and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license & ability to travel to various job sites, as required.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Contact us today or visit www.civildes.com to learn more about the Civil Engineering Technician position.
Interested applicants may submit their resume and any questions to email@example.com or call (605) 696-3200.