John Schinkel, LS
ABOUT CIVIL DESIGN, INC.
CDI is a vibrant, passionate, and growing employee-owned company located in Brookings, SD. CDI strives to be one of the leading civil engineering firms in the Midwest by providing clients with expertise, value, and the latest technology. From concept to completion, we provide exceptional service and work closely with both clients and contractors to achieve an outstanding constructed product for the client, public, and environment to enjoy for years to come. We believe open and effective communication is the key to any successful project.
CDI provides a range of engineering services including transportation design, municipal design, structural design, site design, athletic site design, surveying, planning services, construction administration services, and our firm’s undeniable niche in the railroad industry.
- Competitive wage
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
- Stock Ownership Opportunities
- CDI Apparel-Wear
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Seeking a full-time Civil Engineering Engineer-in-Training in Brookings, SD.
- Prepare designs, construction drawings, quantity take-offs, documents, reports, schedules, opinion of costs, and specifications for various projects under the direction of a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Assist in the design and plan development of a project utilizing AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Provide direction to the CAD drafting technicians to successfully develop construction drawings.
- Provide direction to the survey crew on necessary data collection and construction staking for projects.
- Review drafting and survey work of the Civil Engineering Technicians.
- Assist the Professional Engineer with client meetings as required for projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned under the direction of a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Requires 0-4 years of experience in the design of transportation & municipal engineering, site design, hydraulic engineering, and/or bridge engineering projects (One or more areas of expertise preferred).
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Certificate required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office products and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Self-motivated team member with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license & ability to travel to various job sites, as required.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Contact us today or visit www.civildes.com to learn more about the Civil Engineering Engineer-in-Training position. Interested applicants may submit their resume and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (605) 696-3200.