John Schinkel, LS
ABOUT CIVIL DESIGN, INC.
CDI is a vibrant, passionate, and growing employee-owned company located in Brookings, SD. CDI strives to be one of the leading civil engineering firms in the Midwest by providing clients with expertise, value, and the latest technology. From concept to completion, we provide exceptional service and work closely with both clients and contractors to achieve an outstanding constructed product for the client, public, and environment to enjoy for years to come. We believe open and effective communication is the key to any successful project.
CDI provides a range of engineering services including transportation design, municipal design, structural design, site design, athletic site design, surveying, planning services, construction administration services, and our firm’s undeniable niche in the railroad industry.
- Competitive wage
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Retirement with Company Match
- Paid Holidays and Generous Paid Time Off
- Professional Development & Training Opportunities
- Stock Ownership Opportunities
- CDI Apparel-Wear
JOB SUMMARY & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Seeking a full-time Bridge Engineer in Brookings, SD.
- Prepare designs, construction drawings, quantity take-offs, documents, reports, schedules, opinion of costs, and specifications for various projects under the direction of a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Design of highway bridges & box culverts in accordance with AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications.
- Design of railroad bridges & miscellaneous structures in accordance with the AREMA Manual.
- Conduct highway and railroad bridge inspections onsite with the Bridge Inspection Team Leader.
- Assist the Professional Engineer with client meetings as required for projects.
- Perform construction administration services including observation, reporting, material & quantity verification, pay invoices, meetings, & other tasks as required on bridge construction sites.
- Perform other duties as assigned under the direction of a licensed Professional Engineer.
- Requires 0-4 years of experience in the design & inspection of highway and/or railroad bridge engineering.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering from an ABET accredited university.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) Certificate required or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
- Computer experience using Microsoft Office products and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Self-motivated team member with a positive attitude and ability to multi-task and establish priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have permanent authorization to work in the United States.
- Valid driver’s license & ability to travel to various job sites, as required.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Contact us today or visit www.civildes.com to learn more about the Bridge Engineer position. Interested applicants may submit their resume and any questions to email@example.com or call (605) 696-3200.