John Schinkel, LS
Civil Design Inc, is a professional design company specializing in Civil Engineering Design and Land Surveying located in Brookings, SD. CDI has a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation, and expertise. We encourage employee’s involvement in the community making Brookings a better place to live and work.
The EIT/Project Engineer’s primary duties include working with the civil engineering and surveying team to complete engineering analysis, studies, and designs, drawings, layouts, and graphical representations of engineering designs. Work will also include field investigation, inspections, and surveying.
- Under the direct supervision of a Professional Engineer, create detailed designs, calculations, and reports.
- Write specifications for project specific details.
- Prepare project documents, construction change orders, pay requests, meeting minutes and observation reports using programs such as AutoCAD Civil3D and Office 360.
- Observation of construction sites to monitor progress and ensure adherence to design plans and specifications.
- Serve as liaison with project owner, contractors, and team members.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Up to 5 years of progressive experience.
- Current EIT certification.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil3D, Microsoft Office
- Possession of valid driver’s license.
Compensation and Benefits:
CDI offers a great working environment and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, PTO and holiday pay. CDI is an equal opportunity employer.