Civil Design Inc, is a professional design company specializing in Civil Engineering Design and Land Surveying located in Brookings, SD. CDI has a reputation for outstanding leadership, innovation, and expertise. We encourage employee’s involvement in the community making Brookings a better place to live and work.
The Civil Engineering Technician will work with the civil engineering and surveying team on design and construction projects.
- Under direct supervision of the Professional Engineer and Registered Land Surveyor producing, updating, and maintaining CAD drawings.
- Working knowledge and previous experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D that includes at a minimum, alignment and profile creation, surface model manipulation, survey data processing, corridor development, plan and profile sheets, cross sections, and construction details.
- Perform a variety of surveying assignments. Perform boundary, topographical, construction staking and other related work.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and writing.
- This person will work in the office and out in the field.
- Full time position with some overtime and Saturday work required. Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years previous experience in Civil Engineering Technology or related field.
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office is required, the ability to operate survey instruments, and computers with various software programs.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
Compensation and Benefits:
CDI offers a great working environment and excellent benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance, 401(k) with company match, PTO and holiday pay. CDI is an equal opportunity employer.